Crown Land Management
The Crown Land Management Section is responsible for:
- Administration of unregistered leases and licences issued under the Crown Lands Act (e.g. Occupation Licences, Building Leases, Miscellaneous Licences).
- Temporary use of Crown land (e.g. Old Town Hall Ruins, Cullen Bay Beach, Damoe Ra Park) for weddings, launches, festivals.
- Maintenance of Crown land (litter control, weed control, fire breaks and eviction of illegal campers).
- Illegal dumping on Crown land – members of the public are encouraged to contact this Department if they witness any dumping on Government land.A person should record the registration plate of the vehicle, the date, time and location. Please note that the reports can be made anonymously.
- The issue of permits to shoot on Crown land.